Top 5 Patch Management Mistakes
Cloud Management Suite Releases List of IT Patch Management Pitfalls
Verismic, a global leader in cloud-based IT management technology, has released a list of top five patch management oversights. After a year with global cyberattacks such as WannaCry and Petya ransomware, the list aims to protect companies from critical vulnerabilities and future outbreaks.
The mistakes include:
· Delaying patching. major security events target vulnerabilities that have been previously addressed
· Granting administrator rights to users: assigning specific permissions for each application prevents security risks
· Letting vendors auto-update: allowing vendors to push out updates can break critical business applications
· Relying on default software update programs: insufficient reporting does not allow organizations to know if they are fully protected
· Evaluating strategy at a large-scale: IT environments require constant prioritizing, such as third-party patch patching and device management
When the next ransomware attack occurs, these pitfalls will contribute to the spread of malware. A critical patch management approach can provide companies security and assurance that its systems are fully protected.
To download the whitepaper, please visit: www.cloudmanagementsuite.com/top-5-patch-mistakes