Security Predictions 2017 – The Threats Are Real
2016 was a standout year for cyber attacks with crypto ransomware, IoT Botnets and crimeware-as-a-service to mention a few. With 2017 upon us, WatchGuard’s Chief Technology officer, Corey Nachreiner has released his predictions as to what we threats we can anticipate for the year ahead.
1. Fast acting Ransomworms will spread threats faster than ever.
2. Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) will be exploited.
3. Botnet zombies will primarily target IoT’s.
4. In 2017, we’ll see civilian “casualties” in the Cyber Cold War.
5. Under siege by cyber criminals, SMBs turn to small MSSPs for cyber security. (RD SLA’s)
6. Increased biometrics usage hides continued credential insecurity; passwords aren’t really gone.
7. Attackers start leveraging machine learning and AI to improve malware and attacks.
Get the complete report (http://rdgroup.co.za/news/294-security-predictions-2017)
Cyber-attacks will continue to be a major threat to businesses in 2017 and beyond. Staying educated on the latest InfoSec threats and solutions is the best way to improve your defences.